- A Custard Sauce especially good with Cranberry Angel Whip.
- S. Chokel
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) cornstarch
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) sugar
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 2 cups (475 ml) milk, scalded
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- Beat egg yolks.
- Mix cornstarch, sugar, and salt together; add to egg yolks.
- Slowly add to scalded milk, stirring constantly.
- Cook over low heat until mixture coats spoon.
- Remove from heat, pour into bowl or jar to cool (Cover to prevent scum from forming).
- Add vanilla flavoring after custard has chilled.
- Store in refrigerator as soon as transferred from saucepan to bowl or jar.
- Note: Substitute Rum or Brandy flavoring is you wish. I like lemon very much for pound cake with fresh raspberries.