Crab Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- An elegant and fairly easy entree for special dinners.
- S. Chokel
- 3 large whole chicken breasts, halved, boned, and skinned
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) celery, chopped
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) butter
- 5 tbsp (70 ml) white wine
- 1 cup (225 ml) flaked crab meat
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) cubed herb-seasoned stuffing
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) flour
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) paprika
- 6 tbsp (90 ml) butter, melted
- 1 cup (225 ml) of Hollandaise Sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees (200 C.).
- Pound chicken breasts to flatten; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Saute onion and celery in 3 tbsp (45 ml) of butter until tender.
- Remove from heat and add 3 tbsp (45 ml) of wine, crabmeat, and stuffng.
- Toss to blend.
- Divide mixture among chicken breasts (about 2 tbsp (30 ml) or so), roll up and secure with toothpicks or string.
- Combine flour and paprika and coat chicken.
- Place chicken in a baking dish, drizzle with melted butter and bake uncovered for 45 minutes.
- Transfer to platter and keep warm.
- Add remaining wine to Hollandaise Sauce and spoon over chicken.
- Serving Suggestion:
Use a platter with a foundation of colorful steamed rice with red and green pepper pieces to lay the chicken on.