- I've had this recipe for 30 years.
Serves/Makes:7 dozen or more
- 3-1/2 cups (825 ml) flour
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml). ginger
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml). cinnamon
- 1 tsp (5 ml). baking soda
- 1 tsp (5 ml). cloves
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). cardamon
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) butter
- 3/4 sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) molasses
- 2 tsp (10 ml). orange rind
- Sift together dry ingredients.
- Cream together the butter, sugar, egg, and molasses.
- Add the orange rind and dry ingredients.
- Mix well.
- Cover, chill overnight (Can be kept chilled for 1 week).
- Roll out 1/8 inch thick.
- Bake 375 degrees (200 C.) for 8 to 10 minutes.
- I know what you want. Your recipe I think is German this is similar but Norwegian. I will keep looking in my old cookbooks if I get more time. This recipe, I have had for over 30 years, I think I got it when I worked in Minneapolis from and old cookbook of my landladies.