- Fill only with precooked or no-cook fillings.
Serves/Makes:One 9-in. pie crust
- 2 cups (475 ml) oat flake-and-almond breakfast cereal, such as Quaker Toasted Oatmeal or Oatmeal Crisp With Almonds
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). fat-free egg substitute
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) shredded sweetened coconut
- Place the cereal in the bowl of a food processor and process into fine crumbs.
- Measure the crumbs; there should be 1 cup (225 ml) (Adjust the amount if necessary).
- Return the crumbs to the food processor, add the sugar and process for a few seconds to mix well.
- Add the egg substitute and process for about 20 seconds, or until the mixture is moist and crumbly.
- Add the coconut and process for a few seconds, or just until well mixed.
- Coat a 9-in. pie pan with nonstick cooking spray and use the back of a spoon to press the mixture against the bottom and sides of the pan, forming an even crust (Periodically dip the spoon in sugar, if necessary, to prevent sticking).
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 10 minutes, or until the edges feel firm and dry.
- Cool to room temperature before filling.
- Nutritional Facts (Per 1/8 Crust)
Calories: 69, Carbohydrates: 12.7 g, Cholesterol: 0 mg, Fat: 1.6 g, Fiber: 0.9 g, Protein: 1.5 g, Sodium: 56 mg
You Save: Calories: 66, Fat: 8.8 g
From "Secrets of Fat-Free Desserts" by Sandra Woodruff, RD