Dog Treats - Favorite Dog Biscuits
- Good if you can stand garlic & peanut butter mixed
- 3 cups (700 ml) whole wheat flour
- 2 cups (475 ml) multigrain oatmeal or old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) wheat germ
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) nonfat dry milk powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) garlic powder
- 1-1/3 cups (325 ml) water
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) creamy peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- Adjust rack to the lower third of the oven.
- Preheat the oven to 275 degrees (125 C.).
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss the whole wheat flour, oatmeal, wheat germ, powdered milk and garlic powder in a large bowl to blend thoroughly.
- Blend the water, peanut butter and egg until smooth.
- Add to the dry ingredients and stir until well blended (the dough will be stiff. You might find it easier to knead the mixture with your hands).
- Roll or pat the dough to a 1/2 inch thick rectangle.
- Cut out the biscuit shapes using a 3 inch bone shaped cookie cutter (Scraps are reusable).
- Place on the baking sheet and bake for 1 1/2 hours.
- For crispier, drier biscuits, bake an additional 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Store in an airtight metal container.
Dog loved these but mixing garlic and peanut butter together has a very odd smell!
But what we wouldn't do for our "other" loved ones!