- First one I learned
- 1 package stovetop stuffing
- 3 stalks celery
- 1 medium onion
- miracle whip or mayo
- 1 turkey
- Saute onion and celery in butter.
- Prepare stuffing according to package.
- Mix all together and cool (so you can handle it).
- Remove neck & gizzards from turkey (usually is a package tucked inside).
- Stuff what you can of the stuffing into the bird cavity as well as the neck end.
- Rub entire bird with generous amount of miracle whip or mayo.
- Bake uncovered at 375 degrees (200 C.) for about an hour (This will brown the skin nicely).
- Cover with lid or foil.
- Reduce heat to 325 degrees (175 C.) for the rest of the cooking time.
- 1/2 hour per pound, approximately.
- I have added a can of mushrooms to the stuffing for a nice variety.
Any extra stuffing can be put in a casserole and baked along side turkey.