Pet Treats from Chuck! - Bird Cake
- This is for birds I also have one for humans
- Chuck's Collection
Serves/Makes:One or two or four
- 1 cup (225 ml) cornmeal
- 1 cup (225 ml) flour
- 1 cup (225 ml) oatmeal (Old Fashion or Quick Cooking)
- 1 tbs (15 ml) powdered milk
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) baking soda
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) grease (bacon, chicken, lard or a combination)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) dried bread crumbs**
- ** I have used bread crumbs, Matzo meal, dry cake, graham cracker or cereal put in a blender to make crumbs)
- Combine all ingredients, cut in grease until well mixed.
- Slowly add water, stirring, until you have a thick batter.
- Place in an ungreased 8 inch square pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 1 hour.
- Allow to cool in the pan.
- Can be put in a mesh bag, left whole or broken up before feeding the birds.