Pet Treats from Chuck! - Liver Treats
- Chuck's Collection
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) cornmeal
- 2 eggs
- 1 lb (.5 kg). chicken livers
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). molasses or any syrup
- Combine liver, eggs,garlic and molasses in a food processor.
- Blend in cornmeal until mixture is a uniform color.
- Pour into an ungreased pan and bake at 400 degrees (200 C.) until it starts to pull away from the sides or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cut into bite sized pieces and store in the refrigerator.
- For cookies that have to be cut to shape. You can form a bone shape using a one inch piece of any tin can. I use needle nosed pliers to shape the tin can.