Mashed Potato Peanut Butter Roll
- West Side Story newspaper
- 1 medium potato
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- powdered sugar
- peanut butter
- Boil potato in water until soft.
- Drain water and mash potato.
- Add one tsp vanilla and powdered sugar to the potato until a dough is formed.
- Roll out dough as one would roll out a pie crust (May use additional powdered sugar to coat waxed paper and rolling pin).
- Spread peanut butter over top of dough approximately 1/4 inch thick.
- Roll up dough into long tube, then refrigerate.
- After chilled, slice the tube from the ends into approximate 1/4 inch slices.
- Store candy in airtight container, it dries out quickly.