- Ruth M's Collection
- 3-1/4 cups (775 ml) flour
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml). baking soda
- 1 cup (225 ml) shortening
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) mincemeat from jar
- Combine flour, salt and soda.
- Cream shortening,adding sugar gradually and cream until fluffy.
- Add eggs and beat until smooth.
- Stir in mincemeat.
- Gradually add flour mixture, mixing well.
- Drop by tspful about 2" apart on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake in hot oven about 400 degrees (200 C.) for 12 minutes.