Serves/Makes:Varies, depending on size
- 1-3/4 cups (425 ml) flour
- 3 tsp (15 ml). baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup (225 ml) milk
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). melted shortening
- 2 cups (475 ml) whole kernel corn
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) lard
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt.
- Combine egg, milk and shortening.
- Blend in flour mixture.
- Mix well, add corn.
- Heat lard, to make 1/2 in bottom of skillet.
- Drop by tbsp and fry.
- My mother used to make these often. I seldon take the time to make them.