Mincemeat Oatmeal Cookies
- Ruth M's Recipes
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) all vegetable shortening
- 1 cup (225 ml) firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-1/3 cups (325 ml) prepared mincemeat
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) all purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml). baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). salt
- 1 cup (225 ml) quick oats (not instant or old fashioned oats)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) coarsely chopped walnuts
- Heat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Combine butter flavored crisco, sugar and egg in large bowl.
- Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended.
- Beat in mincemeat.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- Mix into creamed mixture at low speed until blended.
- Stir in nuts and oats with spoon.
- Drop rounded tbsp of dough 2 inches apart onto cookie sheet greased with butter flavored crisco.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 12 minutes, or until set and lightly browned around the edges.
- Cool 1 minute on baking sheet.
- Remove to cooling rack.