Black Walnut and Almond Pie
- An easy delicious holiday pie
- 4 pie shells
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). sugar
- 8 oz (224 grm). butter
- 1/4 oz (7 grm). salt
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). eggs
- 3 lbs (1.4 kg). 8 oz (224 grm). dark corn syrup
- 1 oz (28 grm). vanilla
- 1/2 lb (.2 kg). Hammons Black Walnuts, recipe ready
- 3/4 lb (.3 kg). almonds, sliced
- Using the paddle attachment at low speed, blend sugar, butter and salt until evenly blended.
- With machine running, add eggs a little at a time, until they are all absorbed.
- Add syrup and vanilla; mix until well blended.
- To assemble pies, distribute nuts evenly in pie shells and fill with syrup mixture.
- Bake at 450 degrees (225 C.) on bottom of the oven for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Bake in the middle of the oven about 40 minutes more, until set.
- I found this at http://www.black-walnuts.com/foodprofrecipes.asp.
There are a bunch of Food Professional Recipes, Applications, and nutritional information.