- Vicky Bryant (found on internet)
Serves/Makes:12 small pancakes
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) cooked sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped, or roughly mashed
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) baking powder
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) milk (or more)
- sour cream
- Place sweet potatoes in a mixing bowl.
- Add egg and mix well.
- Stir in the flour and add the baking powder.
- Add up to 1/3 cup (80 ml) of milk, stirring.
- Stir in 1 tbsp (15 ml) butter.
- The mixture should have the consistency of thick, lumpy sauce and be able to coat a wooden spoon.
- Place a non-stick or heavy iron skillet over medium heat on top of the stove and add 1/2 tsp (2 ml) butter.
- Spoon 3 tbsp (45 ml) of batter per pancake into the skillet and cook until bubbles rise to the surface of the pancakes and break, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Using a spatula, flip the pancakes and cook another 2 minutes.
- Remove pancakes from the skillet and keep warm on a covered plate in the oven.
- Repeat the procedure until all the pancakes are cooked.
- After the first batch is cooked, add as little butter as possible without allowing the pancakes to stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Serve with sour cream.
- Another contributor adds that Bruce's foods puts out a sweet potatoe pancake mix. It is available here From Albertsons, Winn Dixie and Super One foods.