- Vicky Bryant (from Taste of Home Magazine)
Serves/Makes:12 or more servings
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) vinegar
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml). butter or margarine
- 2 cups (475 ml) green grapes
- 2 cups (475 ml) miniature marshmallows
- 1 can (20 oz (560 grm).) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 can (15 oz (420 grm).) Mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 2 cups (475 ml) whipping cream, whipped - sweetened to your personal taste
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped pecans
- In a double boiler over medium heat, cook and stir eggs, sugar and vinegar until mixture is thickened and reaches 160 degrees (70 C.).
- Remove from heat; stir in butter.
- In a large serving bowl, combine grapes, marshmallows, pineapple, oranges and bananas; add cooled dressing and stir to coat.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- Just before serving, fold in whipped cream and pecans.