Dog Treats - Cheese Twists for Dogs
- 2 cups (475 ml) whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) cornmeal
- 1 medium egg
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) water
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) grated Parmesean cheese
- Combine all ingredients except 1/4 cup (60 ml) Parmesean cheese.
- Knead until thoroughly mixed.
- Using a tsp, scoop out dough and roll into 1 inch balls (or divide the dough in half, then into fourths and so on until you have 18 small pieces).
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the balls into pencil-shaped sticks.
- Roll sticks in remaining 1/4 cup (60 ml) Parmesean cheese, then flatten them by hand or with a rolling pin.
- Twist each stick several times and place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated 325 degree (175 C.) oven for 30 minutes.
- Let cool on pan.
- Store in a sealed container.