- A Stew or soup made from stew meat or beef tail meat
- My mom's recipe
Serves/Makes:6 or more
- stew meat or beef tails
- chopped carrots (big pieces)
- chopped potatoes
- green onions, chopped
- garlic salt
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). cornstarch
- whole kernel corn
- 2 cans beef broth
- (optional) egg noodles
- Sprinkle stew meat with pepper and garlic salt.
- Brown stew meat or beef tails in skillet until outsides are mostly done.
- Drain grease from meat and place in large cooking pot, add beef broth and vegetables.
- Add water as needed to fill cooking pot to desired level.
- Cook on medium, stirring often, until carrots are tender.
- Continue adding water if needed.
- Once vegetables are near tender, add egg noodles if desired, cook until tender.
- Just before serving, mix cornstarch with 1/4 cup (60 ml) water in a seperate container, mixing until lumps are gone.
- Add cornstarch mixture to soup and stir until thickened.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- This is great for a cold day.
Mom used to make it with beef tails, bone and all!
But cut stew meat works just fine.
She never did put in the noodles like I do, but we prefer them.