- 1 egg white
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). water
- 1 lb (.5 kg). pecans
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml). cinnamon
- 1 tsp (5 ml). salt
- Combine egg white and water.
- Beat until it forms a medium-soft peak.
- Stir pecans into egg mixture until thoroughly coated.
- Combine the sugar, cinnamon, and salt.
- Add to pecans and stir until mixture is evenly coated.
- Butter a cookie sheet and spread the pecans over it in a single layer.
- Bake in a 250 degree (125 C.) oven for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Cool nuts thoroughly before storing in an airtight container.
- Works well with walnuts also.