- Chuck's Collection
- 1 cup (225 ml) dark corn syrup
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). white vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). baking soda
- Line an 8 x 12 inch pan with foil and butter generously.
- Combine sugar, syrup and vinegar in a DEEP pan.
- Stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves.
- Cook without stirring until a candy thermometer reads 300 degrees (150 C.), swirling pan occasionally, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add baking soda immediately and stir well, it will FOAM ( reason for a deep pan).
- Immediately pour into lined pan.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Break into chunks.
- Dip into melted chocolate if desired.
- Have not made any since the late 40s.
Forgot all about it. Hope you like.
Think I'll make some. Used to be able to buy it wrapped, cost 1 penny.