New Orleans Barbequed Shrimp
- 1 lb (.5 kg). butter
- 2 cups (475 ml) olive oil
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- 6 tbsp (90 ml). black pepper
- 4 lemons, sliced
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml). Tabasco
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp (5 ml). paprika
- 4 tsp (20 ml). salt
- 8 lbs (3.6 kg). raw, unpeeled, jumbo shrimp
- french bread, for dipping
- In 2 quarts (1900 ml) saucepan, heat butter and olive oil.
- Add Worcestershire, pepper, lemons, Tabasco, Italian seasoning, garlic, paprika and salt; mix thoroughly.
- Simmer for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Divide shrimp between two dutch ovens and pour heated sauce over each.
- Cook over medium heat for 6 to 8 minutes, or until shrimp begin to turn pink.
- Place dutch ovens in 450 degree (225 C.) oven and bake, uncovered, for 10 minutes, turning shrimp once.
- Serve in a shallow soup bowl with lots of French bread for dipping in the sauce.
- This is from a New Orleans cookbook Jambalaya.