- Diabetic Sweet Tooth Cookbook by Mary Jane Finsand
- 13 oz (364 grm). can evaporated skim milk
- 3 tbsp (45 ml). unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) butter
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). granulated frucose
- dash of salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml). vanilla
- 2-1/2 cups (600 ml) unsweetened cereal crumbs
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) nuts, chopped very fine
- Combine milk and cocoa; cook and beat over low heat until cocoa is dissolved.
- Add butter, fructose, salt and vanilla.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cook 2 minutes.
- Cool 15 minutes, divide in half; roll each half into an eight inch long stick.
- Roll each stick in finely chopped nuts, wrap in waxed paper and refrigerate overnight.
- Cut into 1/4 inch thick slices.
Exchange, 1 candy: 1/4 bread. 1/4 fat
Calories, 1 candy 30
Carbohydrates, 1 candy: 4 g
This is another fudge that I got from the book
Diabetic Sweet Tooth Cookbook by Mary Jane Finsand.