- 2 cups (475 ml) sugar
- 1 cup (225 ml) light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) water
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml). of one of the following: peppermint, spearmint, cherry, lemon, or orange extract
- food colour
- In a 2 quarts (1900 ml) saucepan stir together sugar, corn syrup and water.
- Bring to boil over medium heat stirring constantly.
- Without stirring, cook until temperature on candy thermometer reaches 300 degrees (150 C.) or a small amount of mixture dropped into very cold water separates into threads which are hard and brittle.
- Cool slightly.
- Stir in flavoring and food color just enough to mix.
- Place 20 lollipop sticks, 4 inches apart on greased baking sheets or foil.
- Drop candy mixture from tip of tsp over one end of each stick to form a 3-inch disc.
- If mixture hardens before all lollipops are made, stir over low heat just until mixture is melted.
- When cool, wrap individually in plastic wrap.