Diabetic Coconut Macaroons
- Diabetic Candy
- Diabetic Sweet Tooth Cookbook by Mary Jane Finsand
- 1 cup (225 ml) evaporated skim milk
- 2 tsp (10 ml) granulated frucrose
- 3 cups (700 ml) unsweetened shredded coconut
- Combine milk and frucrose.
- Stir until frucrose is dissolved.
- Add coconut and stir until coconut is completely moistened.
- Drop by tspfuls onto a greased cookie sheet, 2 to 3 inches apart.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 15 minutes or until tops are lightly browned.
- Remove from pan immediately.
- Exchange, 1 candy: 1/2 fruit, 1/2 fat
Calories, 1 candy: 31
Carbohydrates, 1 candy: 2 g
This sounds like a cookie but is shown under candy.