Diabetic Butter Rum Candy
- Diabetic Sweet Tooth Cookbook by Mary Jane Finsand
- 5 cups (1175 ml) unsweetened puffed rice
- 3 tbsp (45 ml). granulated fructose
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tsp (10 ml). butter rum flavoring
- 1 tsp (5 ml). vanilla
- Pour puffed rice into a blender and process to a powder.
- Pour into a bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Mix with a wood or plastic spoon until completely blended.
- Form sticky mixture into 20 patties.
- Place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 300 degrees (150 C.) for 20 minutes or until surface feels dry.
- Exchange, 1 candy: 1/5 bread
Calories, 1 candy: 23
Carbohydrates, 1 candy: 3 g