- A baked bean dish that only takes a short time to prepare.
Serves/Makes:5 or more
- 1 large can of pork & beans or baked beans
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 lb (.5 kg). ground beef
- 2 small apples
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). mustard
- Fry ground beef with the onion and green pepper.
- Place beans in a baking dish.
- Add beef and mustard.
- Peel and core apples.
- Slice 1/2" thick and place on top of bean mixture.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 30-40 minutes.
- As a child my mother used to make this dish. She would
serve it with biscuits and with it being a filling as it
is, we wouldn't be hungry again for hours! My father retired from the army and he was the one who showed my
mother how to cook. I'm not sure if the army is where
he learned this one, but it is a favorite around my home.