- Season's Best (1999-2000) from Pampered Chef
- 2 pkg. (235 g each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 pkg. (250 g) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) icing sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). vanilla or almond extract
- 1 can (19 oz (532 grm).) cherry pie filling
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) icing sugar
- 2 or 3 tbsp (45 ml). milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Unroll crescent dough and separate into 16 triangles; reserve 4 for decoration and arrange 12 into a circle with wide ends towards the outside and points toward the center (points will not meet).
- Roll dough to 14 inch circle, pressing seams together to seal and leaving a 3-inch diameter opening in the center.
- For filling, combine cream cheese, icing sugar, egg and vanilla.
- Spread over dough to within 1/2 inch of edges; spoon pie filling over cheese layer.
- Cut each remaining triangle into thirds starting at the wide end opposite the point and cutting lengthwise to the point.
- Arrange dough strips evenly in spoke-like fashion over the filling, pressing ends to seal at center and outer edges.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown, cool slightly and drizzle glaze over top.
- I believe this is what you are looking for; any type of fruit or filling can be substituted for the cherry pie filling.
This is typically demonstrated on a Pampered Chef baking stone but may be made on a large cookie sheet or jelly roll pan if you don't have a baking stone.