- An Italian dessert
- My favorite italian recipes
- 4 large oranges
- fresh or canned fruit salad
- 2 small egg whites
- 2 oz (56 grm). castor sugar
- Cut tops off oranges and scoop out fruit.
- Discard pith and skin and add chopped flesh to fruit salad (MINUS drained SYRUP).
- Fill oranges with fruit.
- Whisk egg whites until stiff, then fold in sugar.
- Pile this meringue onto top of oranges completely covering top.
- Place under a pre-heated grill until just tinged golden-brown.
- Serve immediately.
- A very straightforward dessert to make,and delicious.
Prep time is about 30 minutes and cook time 1 minute.