- Aunty M's Web Page
- 1 pre-cooked Swiss Sponge Roll[Plain or Chocolate]
- 8 oz (224 grm). ricotta cheese
- 4 tbsp (60 ml). icing sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). vanilla essence
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). Creme de Cacao
- 1 oz (28 grm). grated chocolate
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). chopped glace fruit.
- whipped cream
- grated chocolate.
- Place ricotta cheese, icing sugar, vanilla & Creme de Cacao in a mixing bowl and beat well until all combined .
- Fold through chocolate and glace fruit and spread over cake.
- Reroll and transfer to a serving platter.
- Spread with whipped cream and decorate with grated chocolate.
- An absolutely lovely easy way of making a stunning Sicilian roll. From Italian Cooking for Pleasure by Mary Reynolds.
A "Chocolate Roll" is a wonderful food for chocoholics, but if allergic to chocolate just use the plain "roll" and omit the chocolate--it's just as good.