- luscious dessert
- 18 oz (504 grm). ricotta cheese
- 9 oz (252 grm). sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). chopped pistachio nuts
- 3 tbsp (45 ml). chopped glace fruit.
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). ground cinnamon
- 2 oz (56 grm). dark chocolate
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). Amaretto liqueur
- 1 20 cm.(8")round sponge cake cut into 1 cm. (1/2") slices
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). Amaretto liqueur
- selection of glace fruit.
- Beat ricotta and sugar together until light and fluffy; divide in half.
- Fold pistachios and fruit in the first half of mixture.
- Mix cinnamon, chocolate and 2 tbsp (30 ml) Amaretto into other half.
- Cover and set aside.
- Line base and sides of a 20 cm. (8") bowl or mould with plastic food wrap,
- then fill with 3/4 of cake slices;
- Fill with ricotta mixture and cover with remaining cake.
- Cover and freeze for 2 hrs. or overnight.
- To make topping,whip cream and 1 tbsp (15 ml) Amaretto together until soft peaks form.
- Just prior to serving turn out Cassata, spread completely with cream and decorate with glace fruit.
- A beautiful rich dessert. Improves overnight.
Made on special occasions for relations birthdays, etc...