- Moist and Yummy
- Sheila Kosko from Arca Max
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) butter
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- 1 cup (225 ml) ripe bananas (mashed)
- 8 oz (224 grm). sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp (10 ml). vanilla
- 2 cups (475 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml). baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). baking soda
- 8 oz (224 grm). cream cheese
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) butter, softened
- 1 tsp (5 ml). vanilla
- 2 cups (475 ml) powdered sugar(maybe more)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Add bananas, sour cream, eggs, and vanilla.
- Mix well.
- Add dry ingredients-- flour, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Mix well.
- Pour into a prepared 9 inch x 13 inch pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Let cool before frosting.
- Combine and beat all ingredients until desired consistency (You may need to add more sugar...I did).
- Store cake in refrigerator.
- This cake is very fluffy soft, not too sweet, and the frosting is out of this world. It seems more like cake than bars to me but I guess you could cut it into bars if you wanted.
It also keeps well (since refrigerated) and you can microwave it, a piece at a time, for 20-30 seconds.