Pressure Cooker Adobo Chicken
- National dish of the Phillipines
- 1 small onion, slices
- 8 cloves of garlic, smashed
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) soy sauce
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) white vinegar
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 slices fresh ginger, finely minced
- 2 cups (475 ml) water
- 1 3 lb (1.4 kg). chicken, cut up, rinsed and dried
- chicken broth
- thyme, fresh or dried
- Comine all ingredients in pressure cooker
- Bring to high pressure on 5 pounds, reduce heat to maintain pressure.
- Cook for approximately 1 hour.
- This dish has an absolutely wonderful flavor. I usually serve this with rice to which I have cooked in chicken broth vs. water and have added fresh or dried thyme.