- A meat soup from Argentina
- Latin American Cooking by Elizabeth l. Ortiz
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 lb (.5 kg). lean beef, coarsely chopped
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) chopped parsley
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) cayenne (optional)
- 6 cups (1425 ml) beef stock or water
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in saucepan and saute onion and bell pepper until both are tender.
- Add beef (round or sirloin) that has been coarsely chopped in a food processor or by hand, and saute, stirring for a few minutes to break up beef.
- Add potatoes, parsley, cayeen, stock or water and salt and pepper.
- Bring to a simmer and cook, covered, for 30 minutes, stirring once or twice during the cooking time.
- This Argentinian recipe is a very simple but traditional soup.
It is similar to a soup made in Paraguay named So'O-Yosopy.