Chocolate Mayonnaise Cake
- Pat Price
- 2 cups (475 ml) flour
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml). baking soda
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml). baking powder
- 1 cup (225 ml) cold water
- 1 tsp (5 ml). vanilla
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- 4 tbsp (60 ml). Hershey's Cocoa
- 1 cup (225 ml) Miracle Whip or you can use Hellman's.
- Mix first five ingredients.
- Add remaining ingredients and beat well.
- Bake in buttered pyrex baking dish at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 45 minutes or until done.
- Cool and frost with powdered sugar butter icing which has been flavored with 1 tbsp (15 ml). instant coffee and vanilla.
- I've had this recipe for over 30 years, and it is a very moist cake.