- Pork Quesadillas
- Sandra Cannon
- 1 pound cooked Smithfield Lean Generation Pork roast, chopped
- 1 cup (225 ml) reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese, grated
- 1 or more jalapeno peppers (optional), seeded and minced (Use rubber gloves when handling hot peppers)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) onion, minced
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) black pepper
- 8 10-inch flour tortillas
- tomato salsa
- Preheat oven 500 degrees (250 C.).
- In a large bowl mix together the pork, cheese, jalapeno, onion, cilantro, salt, and pepper.
- Arrange one-eighth of the filling on half of each tortilla.
- Fold each tortilla over to make a half-moon.
- Place quesadillas, not touching, on shallow baking pans.
- Bake until quesadillas are crisp and golden, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a cutting board, cut into wedges, and serve with salsa.
- Important: Smithfield Lean Generation Pork cooks
15-20% faster than ordinary pork. Do not overcook.