Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball
Serves/Makes:2 Cups (1 cheese ball)|
- 1 package (8 oz (224 grm).) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 stick butter (no substitutes), softened
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) confectioner's sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) brown sugar
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) chopped pecans
- chocolate graham crackers or plain graham crackers
- In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and vanilla until fluffy.
- Gradually add sugars, beat just until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Place cream cheese mixture on plastic wrap; shape into a ball.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Just before serving, roll cheese ball in pecans.
- Serve with graham crackers.
- This works well to make it a day in advance and then roll in pecans before serving.