Pennsylvania Dutch Funnel Cakes
- 2 cups (475 ml) milk
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups (700 ml) flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking powder
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) sugar
- vegetable oil
- Heat oil to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Beat together milk and eggs.
- Beat in flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- Pour through funnel into hot oil.
- Fry until brown on one side and flip, browning the other side.
- Remove from oil onto paper towels to drain.
- Then place on plate and dust with powdered sugar or top with fruit filling.
- I got this off the internet several months back.
I am not sure how many this makes, it depends on how big you make them.