- Prickly Pear
Serves/Makes:4 or more servings
- 3 to 4 medium sized potatoes, peeled, grated and drained
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) potato flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking powder
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) salt
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) pepper
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) onion, grated
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) BUTTER, melted
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs until they are thick.
- Stir in the potatoes, potato flour, baking powder, salt, pepper, onion and melted butter.
- Turn the mixture into a greased (or sprayed with PAM) 1-1/2 quarts (1425 ml) baking dish.
- Bake the kugel in an oven preheated to 350 degrees (175 C.) for about 1 hour, or until browned.
- Serve hot.
- My husband and friends really like this. I usually make it with Yukon Gold potatoes--great flavor, but russets/baking potatoes are fine.