- Cheese Stuffed Baked Cannelloni
- Kim the Canuk
- 12 to 14 oven ready cannelloni
- 1 small onion chopped finely
- 1 can of pasta sauce
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) water
- 1 pkg. cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) parmesean cheese (grated cheese in shaker works fine)
- 1 egg
- Italian seasoning, to taste
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) of parsley flakes
- 1 tsp (5 ml) garlic powder
- 5 plastic sandwich bags
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) grated marble cheese
- Combine sauce, water, onion, garlic and Italian seasoning and set aside.
- In another bowl, beat egg; add cottage cheese, grated parmasean cheese and parsley flakes until blended together.
- In large baking dish pour 1/2 of red sauce in bottom of baking dish.
- Partially fill sandwich bag with cheese mixture
- Cut a hole in the bottom corner of baggie and fill oven ready canelloni--Be sure when putting cheese mixture in cannelloni to place palm over far end to keep mixture in cannelloni.
- Place stuffed cannelloni on top of sauce in baking dish.
- Repeat until you run out of cheese mixture.
- Pour remaining red sauce over stuffed cannelloni.
- Sprinkle grated marble cheese over top and garnish with more parsely flakes.
- Bake in 350 degree (175 C.) oven for 45 to 55 minutes until most of the sauce has thickened and noodles are cooked.
- A little recipe I dreamed up and works well on a tight budget.
You can add sliced pepperoni to the red sauce & green pepper as well. If you prefer it more spicey just add chili powder and crushed red pepper flakes to the red sauce. It is messy getting the cheese mixture in but they taste great and are surprisingly filling for a no meat dish. Enjoy! The crazy Canuk.