Coconut Candy Bar Cookies
- If you love Mounds Bars, you will love these!
- S. Chokel
Serves/Makes:12 large or 18 smaller bars
- 2 cups (475 ml) granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) cream of tartar
- 1/4 lb (.1 kg). shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) water
- Chocolate Dipping Sauces
- Mix sugar, cream of tartar and water; put this mixture in a large saucepan and stir until it boils, continue to stir and only stop stirring and until it foms a nice soft ball when dropped into icy water.
- Take off the stove and beat until it whitens, then add the shredded coconut and continue beating until it becomes thick.
- Pour into a buttered pan and when it is cool, slice into bars.
- Dip into Chocolate Dipping sauce. (We use semi-sweet chocolate chips melted for the dark chocolate ones and we use White Chocolate Almond bark to dip for the white ones).
- For pretty spring or Spring bars, use white almond bark to dip and have it tinted to your favorite pastel colors!
For Easter, tint the white almond bark, and while the bark is still warm, press a colorful jelly bean of your choice onto the top and use some green tinted coconut as a decorative grass around the jelly bean (egg). A wonderful treat for your Easter Celebrations!