Cream Cheese and Fruit Squares
- Richly flavored and beautiful cookies for year round enjoyment. Especially nice for special bridal/baby showers or special events like anniversaries.
- S. Chokel
Serves/Makes:Makes 24 nice sized squares
- 1/2 lb (.2 kg). butter
- 2 cups (475 ml) flour
- 8 oz (224 grm). cream cheese
- 3/4 tsp (4 ml) salt
- Raspberry Jam and Damson Plum Jam (use your favorite jam)
- Cut the softened butter into small pieces and mix with the flour until well blended.
- Add the cream cheese and salt; mix thoroughly.
- Refrigrate until dough is firm.
- Roll out the dough and cut into 2 inch to 3 inch squares (depending on how big you want them).
- Place a tsp or so of the jam or marmalade in the center of each square.
- Fold the corners to the center and press together.
- Bake at 400 degrees (200 C.) until lightly browned.
- My favorite fillings are Orange Marmalade, three fruit marmalade, or my very favorite of all when I have time to make it or find it in specialty gourmet shops is Peach Almond Perserves.