- Sweet chewy and nutty rich date and nut logs rolled in powdered sugar. THE BEST we have ever eaten!
Serves/Makes:12 or more finger logs
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1 cup (225 ml) flour
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) baking powder
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 1 cup (225 ml) chopped nuts
- 1 cup (225 ml) chopped dates
- Beat egg whites and yolks separately.
- Beat half of the sugar into yolks, and fold other half into whites.
- Combine mixtures and add vanilla.
- Fold in flour, salt, and baking powder, which have been sifted together.
- Fold in dates and nuts.
- Line a shallow pan with greased wax paper and pour in batter.
- Bake in 325 degree (175 C.) oven for 20 to 30 minutes until firm and slightly shrunken from the sides.
- Cut into 3 inch to 4 inch narrow strips and roll in powdered sugar.
- Simply, deliciously.. Scrumptious. My husband's favorite with a hot cup of coffee on Sunday morning while relaxing before the day starts.
These are nice for the Christmas and New Year's Day holidays, however, they are very nice at any time of the year. We have them for a dessert buffet at our Easter dinners every year and are always one of the first cookies to go!