- S. Chokel
- 2 pounds fresh green beans, steamed crisp tender
- 6 strips bacon, partially cooked
- garlic salt to taste
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) butter, melted
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) light brown sugar, packed
- Gather 6 to 10 beans in bundles and wrap 1/2 piece of bacon around center of each bundle.
- Place bundles in a foil lined baking dish.
- Sprinkle bundles with garlic salt.
- Pour somewhat cooled melted butter over bundles.
- Sprinkle the bundles with brown sugar.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 15 to 20 minutes or until bacon is done.
- These are so simple and delicious. Makes a wonderful vegetable dish for any meal. Elevates to elegant for formal presentations and is down home delicious for picnics and barbeques! Try taking these to a pot luck for rave reviews!
Note: Substitute with tender sweet Green Asparagus in the Spring time for a wonderful Easter side dish!