Incredible Melted Ice Cream Cake
- vegetable oil spray for misting pan
- flour for dusting pan
- 1 18.25 oz (511 grm). package plain white cake mix
- 2 cups (475 ml) melted ice cream, your choice of flavor
- 3 large eggs
- Chocolate Marshmellow Frosting:
- 2 cups (475 ml) confectioner's sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) unsweetened cocoa
- 6 large marshmallows
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) butter (one-half stick)
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) plus 1 tbsp (15 ml) milk
- 1 tsp (5 ml) pure vanilla
- Place the rack in center of oven and preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Lightly mist a 12 cups (2825 ml) Bundt pan with vegetable oil spray, then dust with flour.
- Shake out excess flour.
- Set the pan aside.
- Place the cake mix, melted ice cream and eggs in a large mixing bowl.
- Blend with an electric mixer at low speed for 1 minute.
- Stop the machine and scrape down the sides of bowl with rubber spatula.
- Increase the mixer speed to meduim and beat 2 minutes more, scraping down sides if needed.
- The batter should be thick and well blended.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan, smoothing the top with spatula.
- Place cake in the oven.
- Bake the cake until it springs back when lightly pressed with your finger, and just starts to pull away from from the sides of pan, 38 to 42 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and place on wire rack to cool for 20 minutes more.
- Remove the cake from pan.
- Meanwhile prepare the frosting.
- Sift the sugar and cocoa together in a large mixing bowl.
- Set aside.
- Place the marshmallows, butter, and milk in a meduim heavy saucepan over low heat.
- Stir until marshmallows are melted, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat.
- Pour the sugar/cocoa mixture over the marshmallow mixture.
- Add the vanilla and stir until the frosting is smooth and satiny.
- Place the cake on serving platter and frost the top and sides.