- Succulent, Tender, Flavorful, Delectible Seafood Chowder full of seafood and fit for all happy occasions!
- S. Chokel
- 2 cups (475 ml) lobster meat
- 1 lb (.5 kg). monk fish fillets
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) butter
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) flour
- 4 cups (950 ml) potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 cup (225 ml) of water
- 1 lb (.5 kg). scallops
- 4 cups (950 ml) sour cream
- 3 cups (700 ml) milk
- pinch of white pepper
- pinch of cayenne pepper (to taste)
- 1 lb (.5 kg). clams, steamed and shucked
- If frozen, thaw lobster, reserving lobster liquor.
- Remove any bits of shell or cartilage and cut into bite-size pieces.
- Debone fish fillets and cut into small pieces, set aside.
- In a heavy saucepan saut onions in butter until tender.
- Stir in flour and cook 1 minute.
- Add potatoes and enough water to cover, bring to a boil, cook until tender.
- Add fish and scallops and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring once or twice.
- Add sour cream, milk, lobster, lobster liquor, clams, and seasonings.
- Heat gently and serve.
- Note: Clam Juice is an acceptable liquid to use in place of the lobster liqour and to fortify the water with even more flavor. I have used a combination of chicken stock and clam juice as a fortified "water" in this recipe with great results.
This recipe is so hearty and satisfying in and of itself that a simple stick of french bread and fresh butter will cap off this recipe as a delectible meal. Try adding light fruits for dessert to cleanse the palate and a glass of your favorite crisp white wine.