Skye's Boozey Woozey Super Chocolatey Mocha Cake
- A rich deliciously decadant chocolate cake from a MIX!
- S. Chokel
Serves/Makes:Serves 10 or more
- 1 Betty Crocker super moist Devil's Food Cake mix
- 1 cup (225 ml) of richly brewed cooled coffee
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) of Frangelico Liqueur (a Hazelnut flavored liqeur)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) of brandy
- 1 cup (225 ml) of thick natural style sour cream
- 3 eggs (I use Jumbo)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) of Trader Joe's Powdered Hot Mocha Drink Mix
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) of semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional.. but best to use!)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) of ground toasted hazelnuts (optional.. but best to use!)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Pour cake mix and the mocha drink mix in a large deep mixing bowl.
- In a medium deep mixing bowl, combine the coffee, liqueur, brandy, sour cream and eggs.
- Mix well, but do not over mix.
- Incorporate the liquids, do not areate them.
- Slowly pour the liquids into the dry mixture and mix slowly until all dry ingredients are wetted, and then for 2 minutes mix on medium speed.
- Remove bowl from mixing area and by hand add 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) of chocolate chips and the ground hazelnuts.
- Mix well, but gently.
- Pour into a medium spring form pan and place in center of oven for 30 to 40 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean from the center of the cake.
- Place on counter top rack to cool slightly.
- While still warm, invert onto a pretty cake serving platter and dust with powdered sugar or drizzle with a melted chocolate chip glaze in pretty zig-zags across the top and falling to the sides.
- Try this as a wonderful accompaniment to coffee after dinner with your special someone or guests!
My husband thinks this is as good as.. ah.. well, maybe not that good.. but a close second!
This is the first time I have ever made this cake..
and it is a completely spur of the moment recipe from
today. I have to tell you.. it is the best dang
chocolate cake we have ever eaten. It is rich and so
moist and decadently flavored with the boozey stuff
and the mocha/coffee chocolate. It is almost like
eating a truffle! It is easily as decadent as eating a
flourless chocolate cake in my opinion.. only better