Pete Rozelle's Potatoe Pancakes
- Pete Roselle and Dan Qualye.. neither can spell POTATO without an "e", but! These pancakes are a SUPERIOR A+ in taste! Spell 'em anyway you like!
- S. Chokel
Serves/Makes:4 entree-2x as many appetizers
- 4or more potatoes (2 cups (475 ml) grated)
- 1/2 onion, grated
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) parsley (optional)
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) nutmeg (optional)
- Mix all ingredients.
- Heat frying pan (I use my iron one for this) with shortening.
- It is nice to add a little bacon grease for flavor.
- Drop large spoonfuls of potato mixture into the pan and brown the pancakes over medium heat.
- Turn to brown on the other side.
- Drain well on paper towels.
- TO MAKE AHEAD:
- Reheat the pancakes on a large cookie sheet at 375 degrees (200 C.) until very hot.
- TO FREEZE:
- Freeze in container (foil pie pans are ideal) between layers of saran.
- Defrost then reheat as above.
Directly copied from Pete Rozelle, NFL Commissioner, Page 116
"Souper Bowl of Recipes, Favorite Recipes of Famous NFL Personalities"
by: Nan Perry, Betty Arnsparger, Nancy Siebert, and Dorothy Shula
Library of Congress Catalog Number 80-82260
I make these often times for appetizers and top them with sausages and kraut or sour cream and crumbled bacon.