- Deliciously different roasted chicken to swoon over. A SIMPLE family favorite, but best for a Lover's Dinner!
- S. Chokel
Serves/Makes:Serves 4 or more
- 1 3 lb (1.4 kg). frying chicken
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) brandy (use more if you like)
- 1/2 light brown sugar (use more if you like)
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) butter
- Rinse and clean chicken well and pat dry with paper towels.
- Rub the whole chicken with the brandy, reserve leftover brandy.
- Rub the whole chicken well with the light brown sugar, reserve the leftover brown sugar.
- Take the leftover brandy, brown sugar and add the butter and roughly mix it up and stuff inside the cavity of the chicken.
- Bake at 375 degrees (200 C.) for 1 hour, or until the juices of the chicken run clear.
- 1. Often times, I place a whole cored apple in the cavity with the brandy, sugar, butter mixture.
2. For a NON-alcoholic version, substitute garlic salt for the brandy. It gives a great alternative that by itself is just as good if not better!
3. Substitute chicken breast halves in a roasting dish is a great way to have individual servings without having to carve a bird.