Working Mom's Beef and Potato Casserole
- Simple, simple, simple and a great one dish family meal and CLEAN-UP!
- S. Chokel
- 4 cups (950 ml) frozen potato rounds, (1 normal bag of Ore-Ida Potato Rounds)
- 1-1/2 lbs (.7 kg). hamburger
- 1 10 oz (280 grm). pkg. frozen, chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1 2.8 oz (78.4 grm). can Durkee French Fried Onions
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 10-3/4 oz (301 grm). can cream of celery soup (or cream of mushroom)
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) milk
- 1 cup (225 ml) shredded chedder cheese
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) ground black pepper
- Place potatoes on bottom of 8 inch x 12 inch casserole.
- Bake, uncovered at 400 degrees (200 C.) for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, brown beef into large chunks and drain.
- Place beef, broccoli, 1/2 can Durkee onions and tomatoes in potato shell.
- Combine soup, milk, 1/2 cup (125 ml) cheese and seasonings.
- Pour over beef mixture.
- Bake covered at 400 degrees (200 C.) for 20 minutes.
- Top with the remaining cheese and onions.
- Bake uncovered 2 to 3 minutes longer until cheese melts.
- This is a simple delicious way to make a quick dinner for a whole family, have a quick and easy clean-up. A dessert idea for the working mom with this dinner is simple too.. Throw a twinkie in a bowl, top with a scoop of ice cream and your favorite toppings. We like vanilla ice cream and hot fudge with peanuts! Makes smiles all over the place!