- Nice side dish for ham, pork chops, or sausage themed meals. Very nice with Spring lamb too!
- S. Chokel
Serves/Makes:4 or more
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) cornstarch
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) water
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 15 oz (420 grm). can crushed pineapple
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla (or rum)
- 1 or more tbsp butter
- cinnamon to taste (optional)
- slivered almonds (optional)
- Combine cornstarch and water, mix or shake up.
- Add to eggs and blend well.
- Add pineapple, sugar and vanilla (or rum), mix well.
- Pour into a lightly greased 1-1/2 quarts (1425 ml) casserole dish.
- Dot with butter and sprinkle with slivered almonds and cinnamon.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 1 hour.
- This is so delicious with Spring Lamb or Easter Hams. Try it as a condiment or a side dish.