- A Classic Cheesey Pineapple Casserole Dish.
- S. Chokel
Serves/Makes:Serves 4 or more
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sugar
- 3 tbsp (45 ml). self-rising flour
- 1 15 oz (420 grm). can pineapple tidbits, juice reserved
- 3 tbsp (45 ml). reserved pineapple juice
- 1 cup (225 ml) shredded cheddar cheddar (substitute baby swizz if desired)
- 1 cup (225 ml) Ritz brand crackers, crumbed into crumbs
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) butter, softened
- Mix sugar, flour, pineapple and juice fairly well.
- Pour into a greased 1-1/2 quarts (1425 ml) casserole dish.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Mix together the softened butter and the ritz crackers and crumble these buttered crumbs over the cheese.
- Bake at 325 degrees (175 C.) for 25 minutes.
- I have served this twice with a meal of roast pork as a savory side dish. Very simple and evryone seems to love the flavor and texture.